booting an intel 815 fc3 without monitor

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Mar 18 21:18:44 UTC 2005

bruce wrote:
> so....
>
> just how do i boot into runlevel 3... is there something i should add to the
> grub.conf file... where can i find exact instructions!!
>
> thanks.
>
> bruce

I can give you an example of my grub.conf entries. What you need to add
is the number 3 into the line that you had the other parameters loaded
into the kernel stanza.

This grub.conf file is not from the computer with the 815, but has the
same entries regarding runlevel 3. (Take out rhgb and quiet, enter the
number 3 into the line and save the file.

title Fedora Core (2.6.10-1.770_FC3)
         root (hd0,0)
         kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.10-1.770_FC3 ro root=LABEL=/ acpi=on 3
         initrd /initrd-2.6.10-1.770_FC3.img

Jim