Trouble with fedora

Ken Cooper coopercentral at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 22:49:39 UTC 2005

Hi:

    I have fedora core 3.  I am having trouble running it.  I got the
cds, and tryed to install it on my computer, but the anaconda failed.
So I installed it on my dads computer.  My dad have almost the same
exact computer, and my dads worked PERFECTLY.  So I installed it on my
dads, then put the harddrive back up on my computer.  When I loaded
linux, it didn't work.  I got a few errors everytime I rebooted.  Here
are 2 that I wrote down:

*ERROR: /bin/insmod excited abnormally*

and

*<0> Kernal Panic - not syncing: Attempting to kill init!*

Is this hardware related, and if so, which piece of hardware?  I KNOW
it's not the harddrive, memory, or cd-rom, or video card, or
sound-card.  What else could it be?  Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

    Ken Cooper