Using yum to update livna nvidia packages?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sat Mar 19 01:34:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 19:13 -0600, Jeff Vian wrote:

> I see the issue here.  You already have kernel-module-nvidia for the
> 6629 drive installed for the existing kernel 2.6.10-1.770.   So when you
> install the new driver level for the same kernel it breaks the
> dependency for the nvidia-glx.  You will need to do an uninstall of the
> old driver and an install of the new driver since they are for the same
> kernel level.

Yes, that's exactly it, and it seems that Peter (the maintainer) has
fixed the problem. I'm guessing it was a packaging bug. New packages
came out today and yum update worked just fine.

I think I'm more relieved to discover that my memory wasn't playing
tricks on me and that this is meant to work (as it just did) than I am
to have the new drivers!

Best, Darren