What is the best "Real Modem fof Linux" to buy

Justin Zygmont jzygmont at solarflow.net
Sat Mar 19 08:14:28 UTC 2005

just make sure it is a hardware modem, not one of these winmodems if you
can avoid it.  Any software controlled modem is a bad design anyways.
I've used vgetty well with both a USR and Aopen model.  If this is for a
server, one consideration is to choose an exernal just because it can be
power cycled without rebooting the server.