cyrus-imapd

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Mar 19 13:01:31 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 19.03.2005 schrieb Justin Zygmont um 11:25:

> I noticed that since I installed this package, my client pc's report the
> error that it was unable to locate maildrop for user: xxx.  I happen to
> be new to the cyrus imapd package, I am reading that it may be more of a
> compatibility problem, does anyone know why this can't seem to create it's
> own mailboxes, and work?  I never had a problem with this in rh9.

Please read the Cyrus-IMAPd documentation very carefully. I think you
don't know actually that the Cyrus-IMAPd acts very differently from what
you know about the IMAP server on RH9.
You need to change your MTA setup as well have to configure the
Cyrus-IMAPd in many ways. You need to create mailboxes manually if you
don't use the autocreate patch feature.
I suggest you uninstall the cyrus-imapd package and install dovecot as
you seem to expect an small and trivial IMAP/POP3 server.

Please see many discussions about Cyrus-IMAPd vs. Dovecot here in the
list from the archive.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.10-1.770_FC2smp
Serendipity 13:57:50 up 2 days, 11:54, load average: 0.02, 0.10, 0.06