RESOLVED: Fail to burn DVDs [was: problems with growisofs]

Itay Furman itayf at u.washington.edu
Sat Mar 19 22:25:08 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Alexander Apprich wrote:

> I'm probably wrong, but by seeing this message you obviosly try
> to burn a DVD using a CD-Burner.
>
> What is the output from
>
>   cdrecord -scanbus
>
> Alex

Ugh!  You are right I believe -- sorry for wasting your time.
(BTW, the output was at the bottom of the original message and
is reproduced below.)

[root at sam pkg]# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2004 Jrrrrrrg Schill
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD
support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the
original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems
in this versio
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(schily - Red opyright 1997 J. Schilling').
scsibus1:
         1,0,0   100) 'MATSHITA' 'UJDA755zDVD/CDRW' '1.20'
Removable CD-ROM
         1,1,0   101) *
         1,2,0   102) *
         1,3,0   103) *