Motherboard Recommendations

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Mar 19 23:51:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 18:43, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> nforce 3 - for an amd64 cpu
> I'm not sure if SATA is supported in FC3 install kernel, but I'm
> guessing it will be in FC4 install kernel (I can't guarantee it) - but
> you can always install to ATA and use SATA for your data drives if
> installing to SATA is an issue.
>
> I personally prefer Asus boards, always had good luck with them.

I recently built a system using an Asus P5GD2 deluxe mother board.  I
used only SATA hard drives on that system and was able to install FC3.
The DVD drive is a normal IDE ATA type drive.  I received
recommendations to not use a SATA DVD or cdrom drive as support is
apparently problematic at the moment.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com