Motherboard Recommendations

Kumara kumara.jayaweera at damad.com
Sun Mar 20 03:47:17 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael A. Peters" <mpeters at mac.com>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 2:43 AM
Subject: Re: Motherboard Recommendations

On 03/19/2005 02:40:25 PM, Gib Gilbertson Jr. wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to build a web/e-mail/file server running FC for home network
> use. I'd appreciate some recommendations for motherboards to put in
> the machine.

nforce 3 - for an amd64 cpu
I'm not sure if SATA is supported in FC3 install kernel, but I'm
guessing it will be in FC4 install kernel (I can't guarantee it) - but
you can always install to ATA and use SATA for your data drives if
installing to SATA is an issue.

I personally prefer Asus boards, always had good luck with them.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/

My preference is Intel (Motherboard and Processor), so, I have no problems
with those, no additional drivers needed. SATA is automatically recognized
and running well in my Intel 865GBF, On board graphics and Audio are well
supported.
Good Luck!
Mohan