No Ethernet Connection At Boot

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Sun Mar 20 08:59:39 UTC 2005

Hi All,

came home 2 nights ago. Booted up, but, internet connection was down.
Asked sharemate, who said he didn't un why(but said it was the same for
him, apparently). Anyway, after some time, he said he had fixed it. But,
it still wouldn't connect. I then deactivated/reactivated the connection
and success. Now, when I boot up, I get the sane occurrence, and have to
deactivate/reactivate the connection. I'm not seeing errors in boot.log,
so what could this be..? This is happening only with eth0(internet/lan
nic), eth1 is okay, as a client pc can obtain an ip through dhcp on this
machine. Cheers.

PC has 2 nics
eth0 is static set to 192.168.0.17
eth1 is static set to 192.168.1.1