Problem installing fedora core3 x86-64

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 09:48:25 UTC 2005

Miaosen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to use Linux to do my final project, but I'm having trouble to
> install the fedora core3 x86-64 on my computer.
>
> I use the boot CD to boot up the computer, and everything goes well to
> the point that it detecting the hardwares. The problem is my screen
> displays some noise images(color lines,etc), and I can't continue the
> intallation. I noticed that it says the monitor type is: Unknown
> Monitor.  So does that mean the OS doesn't support my monitor? Or could
> it be a problem with my video card?
>
> My computer:
> CPU: AMD Athlon 64
> Monitor: Acer AL1913 (19"LCD)
> Video card: GeForce NX6600
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Miaosen

You might be able to setup the monitor through the generic
classifications from the LCD choices. You need to know the resolution of
your monitor to select a choice.

Regarding the monitor not being identified automatically, it might be
good to file a bugreport to get this monitor type added. I believe you
submit some information file from the windows driver and the monitor
might be added to the list and recognized in the future when the
information is added in later releases.

Jim

--
Never trust an operating system you don't have sources for.