DHCP - initialization, firewall, analysisi tools

pipinia at web.de pipinia at web.de
Sun Mar 20 13:26:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

sorry for disturbing again - but I thougth I could try some more specific questions:

Since I updated my Fedora Core 3 installation via up2date my dhclient doesn't work anymore.
Could this be caused by the firewall or a missing initialization file?

1. do I have to change my firewall in order to make dhclient work?

2. does dhclient need some special information / an initialization file?
    And if so, how should it look like? ( ...options, server addresses, ...? )

3. should I reinstall dhclient / dhcpcd - which one would be better to use?

4. are there any tools I could use in order to understand what / why dhclient doesn't work?

Thanks for any answer, Die :)