Kernel update via yum on triple-boot machine

Itay Furman itayf at u.washington.edu
Sun Mar 20 14:45:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

Using yum to update Fedora Core 2 installation I noticed the
following:

[snip]
Kernel Updated/Installed, checking for bootloader
No bootloader found, Cannot configure kernel, continuing.
Installed: kernel 2.6.10-1.770.FC2.i686
[snip]

Otherwise, yum seemed to finish with no other complaints.

I suspect it is related to the fact that this is a triple-boot
machine with the following set up:

/dev/hda1	Dell utilities
/dev/hda2	Windows
/dev/hda3	boot (gentoo; **grub is installed here**)
/dev/hda9	boot (FC2)

If so I could manually edit grub.conf under /dev/hda3 to point to
the new kernel.

My question: is this sufficient or are there other actions that
need to be undertaken?
I'm worried from the 'Cannot configure kernel' statement above.

 	Thanks in advance,
 	Itay