802.11b device...any good?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Sun Mar 20 17:38:47 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, [UTF-8] thufir wrote:

> a quote: ASUS 802.11b Travelers Wireless Pocket Access Point (model#
> WL-330b)  --------- $ 65.00 +tax
>
> that's in canadian dollars.  anyone have experience with this device?
>
> <http://www.asus.com/products/communication/wireless/wl-300/overview.htm>

As an access-point my two disapointments with this device are its
relativly poor range (relative to say a linksys wap11 which isn't all
that great itself), and that it doesn't have nat functionality. The later
you generally don't need since in hotels and other peoples networks there
either enough address space to go around or it's already nated, but it's
nice to have when there isn't any other choice.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu