dhcp problem FC2

Jim Dishaw (dishawjp) no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 20 18:37:56 UTC 2005

Scot,

Thanks for the response,

> Your interface did not get an IP address per the ifconfig above. Looks
> like what ever device on your network you have providing DHCP did not
> respond or your system did not get the response.

I expect to be getting my DNS/DHCP info from my ISP.  For
some reason this is not happening.  This is happening with
both ppp0 and eth0, both of which interface with different
ISP's.  I believe there must be some problem with some
configuration file on my end, but don't know where to look.

> The stats show a number of errors on transmit and receive. You might
> try
>
> service network restart

[code]
[root at eunix root]# service network restart
Shutting down loopback interface:                          [  OK  ]
Setting network parameters:                                [  OK  ]
Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
[root at eunix root]#
[/code]
Doing this seems to make no difference.

> And I would check the network cables and switch settings. Make sure you
> have duplex an speeds set correctly on the switch.

The same hardware works properly if I boot to FC3, it's
just when I boot this dual boot computer that I have this
trouble.

Thanks again for the suggestions.  Any other ideas?

Jim Dishaw

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=51284&topic_id=12926&forum=10#forumpost51284