FC3 with BEFSR11 Linksys router slow connection

Shawn Iverson shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us
Sun Mar 20 18:54:50 UTC 2005

On Friday, March 18, 2005 1:44 PM Paul Howarth wrote:
>Paul Howarth wrote:
>>

>> You don't need to recompile the kernel to disable ECN. To do this
>> straight away, do:
>>
>> # echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
>>
>> However, you may find that "0" is the default value of this parameter
>> before you did this.
>>
>> If not, you can make it the default by adding to /etc/sysctl.conf:
>>
>> net.ipv4.conf.tcp_ecn = 0
>
>Sorry, that should have been:
>
>net.ipv4.tcp_ecn = 0
>
>Paul.
>
>--

This isn't good.  /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn is already 0.  Now I am at
a complete loss with this Linksys router as to what could possibly be
happening.  There are a few posts on the Internet in various places
discussing latency problems with the BEFSR11 and Linux, but there aren't
any real solutions that I can find.

--

Shawn