dhcp

pipinia at web.de pipinia at web.de
Sun Mar 20 19:15:11 UTC 2005

Hi lee :)

> I have also lost my internet connection when I allowed up2date to update
> dhclient.
> My solution was to remove the upgrade and then reinstall the older rpm.
> I tried the update twice same result.

Thanks for your comment - I updated the hole system in one big session and
than got bored to sit and stare at my screen. I even was not sure if I updated
dhclient at all or if its failure was caused by some other strange interdependence
from something with some other thing with something else.
But now I have new hope :)

Than I will do the same (reinstalling the old version). Do you still remember
the version number of the working rpm's - and where you downloaded them?

Did you just remove them with rpm -e and reinstall via rpm -i and that it was,
or are there some more things to do? (I spend three days messing aroung
with all kind of files and just hope to be able to rewind my installation to
some working stage. I was already so frustrated that I thought about reinstalling
the whole system or even switching to some other distribution...)

Sorry for asking stupid questions - best wishes, die