USB optical mouse keeps dying - Solved - sort of

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Mar 21 00:14:28 UTC 2005

Jan Morales wrote:

> Claude Jones wrote:

>> | I have a MS optical USB mouse. After a time, once the screen
>> | save has kicked in, the mouse dies. The light goes out, and
>> | even tho the keyboard still works and returns the screen, the
>> | mouse continues to sleep. Only unplugging it and plugging it
>> | back in revives it. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have an
>> | almost identically configured box at work and it doesn't happen
>> | there. | | --
>> | Claude Jones
>> | Bluemont, VA, USA
>>

>> Claude Jones
>> Levit & James, Inc./WTVS
>> Leesburg, VA, USA
>>

> So what is the sort-of solution?
>
> Jan

Sorry about that. I hit the enter key prematurely and was in the process
of leaving. I did a lot of searching and found no solutions. A lot of
spcculation about lost USB configurations and mounts and such. I gave up
and plugged a USB>PS2 adapter in. Now it stays on.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA