Firestarter firewall seems very complex

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Mar 21 05:33:20 UTC 2005

I've built my firewall using Firestarter, Ver 1.03. If I turn it off,
and do iptables -vL, I get a wide open no rules iptables list. When
turned on, it has what seems like a very simple 5-policy set of rules
for inbound  - no outbound policies at all. Yet, when I give the
iptables -vsL command, I get a huge complex set of rules and chains that
I haven't seemingly configured. I'd post it  but it takes up nearly
three screens. Anyone know the short answer to why this is happenning?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA