no eth0 after updating to new kernel (2.6.10-1.770_FC3)

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 21 13:45:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 01:57, pipinia at web.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after a clean installation of Fedora Core 3 (eth0 worked) and
> immediate update to the new kernel and kernel utils (nothing more)
> with up2date the reboot brought the following message:
>
>   Bringing up interface eth0... failed
>
> Is there anything I can do or should I just reinstall Fedora once again
> and not update to the new kernel?

No reason to re-install.   Just boot the previous kernel.  That should
get the interface working again.

You should file a bug in bugzilla on the problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

To one large turkey add one gallon of vermouth and a demijohn of Angostura
bitters.  Shake.
		-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, recipe for turkey cocktail.