Install mysql 4.1.10 rpms from test 3.90 in a FC3 box

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:35:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:08:39 -0300, Clodoaldo Pinto
<clodoaldo.pinto at gmail.com> wrote:
> What if I install mysql 4.1.10 rpms from test 3.90 in a FC3 box?
>
> Would it be more or less trouble prone than the rpms from mysql.com?
>
> I have already completely uninstalled mysql 3.23.

Is there a reason not to use the official rpms from mysql.com?

One thing to remember... you said you completely uninstalled mysql-3.23...

When you did that, didn't you get complaints about dependencies from
libmysqlclient.so.10? This library file is used by some other
applications, even if you don't use mysql.

If you are going to install 4.1.10, you might also look at installing
the RPM for mysql-shared-compat-4.1.10 which puts the
libmysqlclient.so.10, as well as libmysqlclient.so.14 files in your
system so that other applications that needed the older version will
still have access.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)