FC3 with BEFSR11 Linksys router slow connection

Shawn Iverson shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us
Mon Mar 21 14:40:24 UTC 2005

On Monday, March 21, 2005 7:54 AM Bob Chiodini wrote:

>Shawn,
>
>Have you verified that both the router side and the PC side have the
>same speed and duplex settings.  ethtool or mii-tool should help on the
>PC side.
>
>Bob...

I think that you are on to something.  That would explain the errors
showing up in ifconfig:

My box is 100/Full Duplex.  If the Linksys is 100/Half Duplex, receive
packets will arrive without errors, but transmit packets may or may not
hit the Linksys at the right time and result in errors, correct?

Next chance I get, I will change the server's link speed and see what
happens.  If this is the problem, I would find it to be quite odd
because the XP machine that I used for testing is also 100/Full, so why
wouldn't have it been affected?  Furthermore, since I also tried putting
a 10/100 autosensing switch between the server and the Linksys to check
for speed/duplex problems, why would the server still be having trouble?

--

Shawn