Printing photos

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Mon Mar 21 15:15:10 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm running FC3 with an HP Photosmart 2610 inkjet printer. Can anyone
recommend a good, hassle-free program for viewing and printing photos?

Most linux image viewers seem to ignore printing entirely.

The GIMP prints, but it integrates oddly with CUPS (i.e., you have to
hack the GIMP print command string to remove the -oraw switch - not very
user-friendly! In fact, the GIMP program warns you not to do that - but
it doesn't work otherwise!).

I'd like something that "just works" (and can be used by
parents/grandparents), and provides access to resolution settings, paper
settings, etc...

- Mike