Flash Player

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:02:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:03:13 -0600, Manny <kcmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't get flash to work on 64 bit platform. Anyone else running
> Linux 64 having the same problem??? Or does anyone know if there is a
> Flash for Linux 64?

Flash is still only 32-bit, as are many browser plugins.  Your choices
are: don't use Flash, or install a 32-bit browser and the Flash plugin
for that browser.  For example, I'm using the 32-bit version of
Firefox.  Works quite well and I can use all the plugins.  Just
uninstall Firefox, grab the 32-bit RPM from your favorite mirror and
install it.  You'll have to play around some to get Flash installed
then since the installer won't work (it detects 64-bit system and
balks).  Just copy the necessary files by hand.  Or you can search
around for a Flash RPM.

Jonathan