Firestarter firewall seems very complex - Solved

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Mar 21 23:19:58 UTC 2005

Pasha wrote:

> If you look in /etc/firestarter directory you will find there a script
> that firestarter wizard generates (in latest version they probably split
> it into several scripts). Look at it - they write in the comments
> explanation for the rules they set.

This was the ticket. I'd printed out the manual, and read a lot of
on-line docs, many more than were suggested by others. Looking at the
script pretty much answered my question. I'd checked 'Block traffic from
reserved addresses on public interfaces' in preferences, and that
generated a separate rule for every reserved address, probably 2/3'rds
of the rules script.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA