Looking for a software recomendation for FC3

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon Mar 21 23:38:28 UTC 2005

> >>Did you look at gphoto : http://www.gphoto.org/ which is available
with
> >>Fedora Core 3 ?

> >>Sincerely yours, Mathieu.
> >>

> > GPhoto seems very nice if you are downloading the pictures from a
> > camera. Can it work with SD card readers as well? up to now I
couldn't
> > make it work there. I have to manually transfer the files, and then
> > rename then 1 by 1 if I want to.
>
> Probably not.  gphoto looks for cameras and their IDs on the USB and
> serial ports.  You could override that with the "--usbid" option and
> give it your SD card reader's USB ID and a translation for an
> appropriate camera.
>
> Remember, gphoto primarily downloads the data.  Other tools are used
> manipulate the image (e.g. gtkam, the Gimp, EOG, whatever).
 [Tim Holmes wrote]

Some have suggested digiKam, but I am not sure if I recommend it as a
solution, as it is faulting in the configuration stage of the install,
and not supplying enough information to help figure out what is wrong

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be open

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster
Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...