Looking for a software recomendation for FC3

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon Mar 21 23:59:19 UTC 2005

> >>A few questions:
> >>
> >>1) What camera do you have? (brand and model)
> >>2) Do you have a flashcard reader installed?
> >>3) Are you aiming to do this via console or with a GUI app?
> >>
> >>--
> >>

> >[Tim Holmes wrote]
> >
> >Arthur:
> >
> >I have a Nikon D70 Camera, but prefer to use it in USB mass storage
mode
> >due to speed considerations.
> >
> >My Card Reader is a PCMCIA card reader that is easily read by the FC3
OS
> >already
> >
> >My preference would be to have a gui, but if the command line is easy
> >and intuitive, and can do that too -- for example, I need to be able
> >do this while shooting a sporting event, as I routinely shoot 600+
> >pictures in the course of one basketball game
> >

> ok cool....
>
> ... I'm assuming that you can download the picture directly from the
> flashcard, or inderictly through camera as a usb drive?
>
> Also, what desktop environment are you using? (gnome or kde)
>
> --
[Tim Holmes wrote]

I am quite happy to download the pictures directly from the PCMCIA
reader -- its fast

The big feature that I need is the ability to rename the pictures, and
as autonomous as possible is better  - due to operator overload in
shooting situations

I typically use Gnome, but I also have KDE installed on the system and
im not opposed to using that

TIM

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster