Gnome vs KDE

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 02:50:42 UTC 2005

Phil Labonte wrote:

>I have been using Gnome with Fedora since Core1
>
>I have loaded and used KDE just to check it out...
>
>My question is this to the list of experienced users;
>
>What is better for use as a Desktop system; KDE or Gnome?

I have tried both on RH7.1, RH8, FC2.  KDE behaved differently than
Gnome on the latter two OSes.  On a system with one CD-ROM and one
CD-RW, Gnome handles both drives appropriately.  On the other hand, when
I boot into a KDE desktop session, I am unable to mount either device.
So, I use the Gnome desktop which appears to play nice with a number of
KDE apps I use.