FC3 headless install

Jean-Rene Cormier jrc at jrcormier.com
Tue Mar 22 03:41:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a computer running FC2 currently and I would like to do a fresh
FC3 install on it but the computer is pretty much only used as a file
server and I don't have a monitor for it here and my other computers are
laptops. So I would like to do a headless install over SSH or VNC,
doesn't really matter. The only problem is the BIOS is currently not
setup to boot from the CD before the HD so basically my only option is
to use grub to load the installer. So if I want to do a headless install
using grub how do I specify what's the IP of the computer or to use
DHCP? I did some research a while ago but I haven't found anything that
worked so I thought I'd ask for some advice before I tackle this again
so any help would be appreciated.

TIA

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc at jrcormier.com>