Good Statistical Packages

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Mar 22 03:44:42 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Ping-Wu Zhang wrote:

> Could anyone recommend any good statistical package(s)?  Does anyone
> know whether there is any SPSS or SAS clone?  Thanks.

There is a package called R, with capabilities similar to Splus.  There is
a GNU clone of SPSS under development called PSPP--try
http://directory.fsf.org/science/math/stats/ for these and others.  There
is also Octave, with capabilities similar to Matlab.

There used to be a few others in older RHL versions (xldlas was one), but
I've lost track of whether they are still active.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu