USB optical mouse keeps dying - Solved - sort of

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Mar 22 03:59:11 UTC 2005

Jan Morales wrote:

> This sounds a bit like the issue I reported, except without the KVM in
> my case. Were you seeing error messages similar to this in dmesg?
>
> drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: input irq status -84 received
>
> Maybe this isn't a KVM issue, but a USB mouse driver issue. My bug
> report is 150746 in bugzilla.
>
> Jan

Sorry, Jan, but you're way ahead of me. I'm pretty new to Linux and
haven't learned the dmesg command or how to use it. What does the KVM
have to do with it, by the way; I never said anything about a KVM - on
this particular machine, there is no KVM - the mouse is plugged right in
to computer.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA