Gnome vs KDE

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 04:04:32 UTC 2005

--- Timothy Murphy <tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie> wrote:
> Antonio Olivares wrote:
>
> > It is a matter of choice.  I have used both KDE
> and
> > Gnome.  For the Fedora Core 2 machines I used to
> run
> > Gnome and it worked great., I have
> updated/upgraded to
> > Core 3 and KDE is the default desktop.
>
> I've seen several people say that - but is it so?
> My impression was that if you opted for "desktop"
> then gnome would be installed rather than KDE
> unless you explicitly choose the latter.

Sorry,
  What I meant is that I choose KDE over Gnome in
Fedora Core 3.  Gnome is the default desktop but from
the prompt, I ran
# switchdesk kde
and KDE became the default.
I would have liked the Gnome from Fedora Core 2, but
It changed slightly in Fedora Core 3.  How can I
configure Gnome in FC3 to look the same as it did in
Fedora Core 2?  That's the gnome that I like!

Cheers,

Antonio