k3b

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 05:04:23 UTC 2005

Francois Massonneau wrote:
> Hi,
> I used to use xcdroast, and I'm discovering k3b.
>
> I have two questions about it :
>
> 1) when I fire it up, I have a warning about the fact that cdrecord and
> cdrdao can't be run with the root's right. It is said to go to the advanced
> config parameters to solve that, but I can't see nothing related to that in
> the configuration menu.
> I run FC3.
>
> 2) It is said that some external programs are missing :
> tccat, tcdecode tcextract, tcprobe, tcscan, transcode, vcdxbuild vcdxminfo,
> and vcdxrip.
> Are they important to run k3b ?
> Thanks. Francois

tc* and transcode are used to rip DVDs. vcd* are used to read/write
video CDS. You don't need them unless you want to rip/record video.

You can install them by enabling one of the alternative yum repos (dag,
livna, etc) and doing yum install transcode, and yum install vcdimager
(I think this is right?). Or search freshrpms or pbone.

Regards,

John Wendel