Fork bombing a Linux machine as a non-root user

David Curry dsccable at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 05:31:15 UTC 2005

Aaron Gaudio wrote:

>With all due respect, this is a Fedora list. Most people installing
>Fedora linux probably know a little bit about Linux, or at least know
>someone who knows, or are willing to cut their teeth on it. Those of you
>who are interested in bringing Fedora to the masses- I assure you there
>are more pressing issues to fill this mailing list up with.
>
>Let's let Red Hat customers discuss with Red Hat whether to impose
>default resource limits and other security mechanisms in their
>commercial version of Linux. Let's let Fedora remain a community
>project.
>
>Just my $0.02.

Yes, let's do that.  The community is quite diverse and includes quite a
few soho desktop types capable of providing valuable contriubtions to
fedora development as they become more and more educated in linuxeese.
Taking their early vulnerabilities into consideration will hurt nothing
and help many.