Fc =! production!!

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:50:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 01:36, gaurav wrote:
> Hi guys,
>              I want to know if fedora is ready for production
> Even though I not much problem running my fc servers all people I have
> consulted say I should use debian (and no I cannot pay for  RHEL).....is
> it based on facts like security holes, bugs and response , patches
> availability  or some general perception  ??

First, note that there are free clones based on RHEL like
http://www.centos.org.  However any instability in fedora has
so far been only with certain hardware - that is, if you get
it installed and working on a system it will be as likely to
continue to work as any other distribution.  The other issue
is that official support/updates only continues for the current
release and one previous version, so you need to re-install about
once a year or switch to legacy support for security updates.
Depending on what the machine is doing, it may or may not be
worth the trouble to run a recent release.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com