network card auto-deactivates

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 17:20:02 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    I am having similar problems with my wireless card.  It will just
disconnect me at random intervals without warning.  Sometimes it will
happen after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour, but never more
than that.  And when I go to the network device manager and try and
re-activate it, most of the time it tells me that device "Determining
IP address.....wlan0 not found.... Check cable?"  Sometimes I get that
the MAC address has changed, even when I put it in manually.  I am
using FC3 and ndiswrapper on a Dell 1450 USB wireless adapter.  Where
can I find the connection setup so that to change the active time
option.  Are there any other things that I can do to try and trouble
shoot this?  I am very new so I dont know where to even begin.
Thanks,
Charles