network card auto-deactivates

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Mar 22 18:11:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 12:20, Charles Malespin wrote:
> Hello all,
>     I am having similar problems with my wireless card.  It will just
> disconnect me at random intervals without warning.  Sometimes it will
> happen after a few minutes, sometimes after an hour, but never more
> than that.  And when I go to the network device manager and try and
> re-activate it, most of the time it tells me that device "Determining
> IP address.....wlan0 not found.... Check cable?"  Sometimes I get that
> the MAC address has changed, even when I put it in manually.  I am
> using FC3 and ndiswrapper on a Dell 1450 USB wireless adapter.  Where
> can I find the connection setup so that to change the active time
> option.  Are there any other things that I can do to try and trouble
> shoot this?  I am very new so I dont know where to even begin.
> Thanks,
> Charles

I think your problem is much different.  Wireless under FC3 seems to be
less reliable than under FC2.  I have had on going problems trying to
get wireless to work reliably and consistently using FC3 on a Tecra M2
laptop.  NetworkManager is buggy at best.  In my experience I can run
iwlist scan and see the access point but it has tremendous problems
actually establishing a connection with the access point.

This week I will be trying FC2 on the tecra M2 to see if that is more
stable.

P.S. you may want to start a new thread on your problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Let me put it this way: today is going to be a learning experience.