FC3 64-bit installation disk 4 mislabeled

Karl Denninghoff karlden at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:50:12 UTC 2005

Hello,

The FC3 64-bit installation CD images are missing disk 4. The CD Disk 4 image file (FC3-x86_64_Disk4.iso) is in fact a copy of Disk 3. This is also true of the Stanford mirror images.

If you ask to install everything when starting the installation process (the box near the bottom for this when selecting the packages to install), you will find the error when it asks for disk 4 in the installation process.

It may seem a bit strange to have a 64 bit system with no DVD, but that is what I am installing on, so I really do need disk 4.

I tried to file this as a bug in Bugzilla, got a thank you online for a good bug, but no confirmation in email and the search engine finds no bugs from me.

Karl
karlden at hotmail.com