FC3 64-bit installation disk 4 mislabeled

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Mar 22 20:07:47 UTC 2005

Karl Denninghoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The FC3 64-bit installation CD images are missing disk 4. The CD Disk 4
> image file (FC3-x86_64_Disk4.iso) is in fact a copy of Disk 3. This is
> also true of the Stanford mirror images.
>
> If you ask to install everything when starting the installation process
> (the box near the bottom for this when selecting the packages to
> install), you will find the error when it asks for disk 4 in the
> installation process.
>
> It may seem a bit strange to have a 64 bit system with no DVD, but that
> is what I am installing on, so I really do need disk 4.
>
> I tried to file this as a bug in Bugzilla, got a thank you online for a
> good bug, but no confirmation in email and the search engine finds no
> bugs from me.

To paraphrase Emeril Lagasse:

"I don't know which repository you got your images from, but where I get
mine, FC3-x86_64_Disk4.iso is NOT a copy of FC3-x86_64_Disk3.iso."

I generally fetch stuff from mirrors.kernel.org:

	ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/3/x86_64/iso
-  Silence!  Or I shall replace you with a very small shell script!  -
-                                                - The Wizard of OS  -