useing spamd instead of spamassassin, howto?

Matt Florido matt at floridonet.com
Wed Mar 23 03:48:02 UTC 2005

* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> [03-22-2005 19:22]:

> Greetings;
>
> Because spamassassin seems to need a seperate invocation and
> compilation by perl for each message handled, I was told that if I
> switched to spamd that would fix much of that.

I think you want to run spamd/spamc instead of spamd/spamassassin.
Spamd is the daemon half of Spamassassin that needs to be running in the
background.  Upon message arrival, you want to invoke a child process of
spamc.

> I have it running as a background process, and I've switch the kmail
> filter to 'spamc -L', but in 6 hours, 99% of it has fallen right thru
> to the default directory.

I don't think -L is a valid switch for spamc.

Read up on the docs just a little more: http://spamassassin.apache.org/

--
Regards,
Matt Florido