Panic! cant' log on to linux

Shelagh oneida at tpg.com.au
Wed Mar 23 08:34:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:28:11 +0200, Markku Kolkka <markkuk at tuubi.net>
wrote:

> Shelagh kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika keskiviikko, 23.
> maaliskuuta 2005 04:32):
>> But what does OP mean? Old Phool?
>> I'l dies of curiosity unless you tell me!
>
> Original Poster = the starter of the current message thread.

Ah yes, it begins to make sense.

I gotta tell you that this may be amore thorny problem than I was hoping
for.
I did the redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig and it just spat out "error,
xserver cannot start".
I didn't want to but maybe I'll have to reinstall the kernel or something.
This may be due to the
trying to get a usb adsl modem going. One of the things they suggested was
to recompile the kernel with
extra ppp modules. Maybe (actually most likely) I did something wrong and
need to start again.

Has anyone on this list got one of these adsl beasts going on their
computers? Apparently the whole mess is made worse by my ISP's use of
pppoe encapsulation.

SOM