reply to Gene's reply-to address [CLEARED]

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Mar 23 14:29:07 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 23.03.2005 schrieb Paul Howarth um 15:12:
>

>>Alexander Dalloz wrote:
>>
>>>I always have a problem to get the reply to your postings to your
>>>reply-to address. Do others share that problem?
>>
>>Most likely you're posting from Europe or some other haven of spammers
>>that Verizon's mail servers don't accept connections from.
>>
>>Paul.
>

> Correct. I am located in Germany. So I tested connection from a
> customer's host in USA and bingo, I get a connection.
>
> I must say: that is brilliant dead minded by verizon. None of my hosts
> is a spam host. To block a complete country like Germany (maybe even
> more from Europe) is simply crazy.

You're not the only person that thinks that.

See: http://www.google.com/search?q=verizon+spam+europe

For those people lucky enough to be able to connect, their mail servers
then have to put up with one of those bogus callback sender verification
schemes.

See: http://www.google.com/search?q=verizon+sender+verification

Paul.