best method to recompile php for fc3

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Wed Mar 23 14:44:46 UTC 2005

I recently had to recompile php on FC3 to accomodate oracle instant
client libraries.  I downloaded the source from php.net, configured it
with the same options as shown by phpinfo() from the original FC# php
package.  I then added the oracle option.  I ended up removing a few
options (imap, etc) so it would work without error.  I would rather have
  installed the php srpm and recompile from that so that the end result
is very close to the original rpm.  However, I do not know the steps
involved and had trouble googling for them.  Does anyone have
instructions or a howto for making minor changes to files from a source
rpm and recreating a new rpm.

Thanks,

Dale