-s /tftpboot path in xinetd.d/tftp file

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Wed Mar 23 16:03:44 UTC 2005

Edwin Dicker wrote:

>>As far as I have my system configured this is what's in my tftp config :
>>service tftp
>>{
>>        disable = no
>>        socket_type             = dgram
>>        protocol                = udp
>>        wait                    = yes
>>        user                    = root
>>        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
>>        server_args             = -s /tftpboot
>>        per_source              = 11
>>        cps                     = 100 2
>>        flags                   = IPv4
>>}
>>

>>Watch the server type. it is different as yours and more likely to be used
>>.
>>I'm running FC3
>>
>>HTH
>>Edwin
>>

>PS you should have tftp-server rpm installed.
>My guess is that you only have the tftp client package installed which
>indeed uses /usr/bin/tftp and this is not the network tftp services
>daemon.
>tftp is kind of chewen out and should work on almost any system.

Hi All,

well, I'll be bamboozled...that was it...thanx Edwin...I didn't even
know there was a difference between server/client...annoying that
netstat showed xinetd listening on 69 when in fact, it couldn't have
been, technically, because the server wasn't there...can anyone tell me
what would have been more clear in showing whether tftp was there or
not..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.