FC3 and Nvidia driver 7167

Jonathan Underwood j.underwood at open.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 16:21:59 UTC 2005

> It's a udev issue.  The modules need to be copied to the /udev directory
>   before you reboot:
>

> cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices/
>
> chown root: /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*
>
> [This is from the Fedora FAQ at www.fedorafaq.org/custom_nvidia.html
>
> --
> Joel

Actually, it isn't this. The new nvidia driver is able to interact with
udev properly, and it's not necessary to manually create those nodes. I
am running 7167 allowing udev to create the nodes as needed.  The issue
was with the previous releases of the nvidia driver.

I can send you an rpm of the nvidia drivers if you like (home rolled),
or you can download one from livna or atrpms, I believe.

Jonathan.