help for 4-CPU server

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 17:44:56 UTC 2005

Jin Baiqi wrote:
> Can anybody tell me whether fc3 support 4-CPU server?

Yes. Basically, all you need to support multiple processors is the SMP
support in the Linux kernel. And Fedora comes with SMP-compiled kernels
available.

> Or how can I get around to use 4 CPUs efficiently?

Make sure you're using the SMP kernel: type uname -r and check for the
letters "smp". Or look at /proc/cpuinfo and count the processors.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | La Forge: "There's a tiny ship ahead, barely moving."
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | *SPLAT*