Installing MaPiVi

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:37:13 UTC 2005

Well I think I am about to go nuts now. Has anyone successfully
installed Mapivi? Acording to the Install file, I should have
downloaded a .tgz, unzipped a .tar, and then perled the script.

What I downloaded (tried several mirrors) was:
mapivi072_Linux.exe.bz2

I stuck it in /usr/local/src, but I cannot open this with the 'tar
xjvf' options. I get the error:
tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

I opened the archive in Konquerer with the built in tool. But then I can not
do anything with the file that comes out:
mapivi072_Linux.exe

I have tried 'perl mapivi072_Linux.exe' but get the error:
Unrecognized character \x7F at mapivi072_Linux.exe line 1.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it not me?

Dotan Cohen

http://English-Lyrics.com/
http://Song-Lyriks.com/