Checking if program is installed

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Mar 23 19:57:04 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Thank you Alexander. I asked the 'man' after I asked the question.
> Bad, bad, I know...
>
> And this program was not installed as an rpm (if it was in fact
> installed). Is there a way to check all programs, not just rpms?
>
> I am acually having a lot of trouble installing this program. If I
> can't get it done soon, I may start posting my questions. But I'd like
> to give google a chance to save me first!
>
> Thank you all.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://English-Lyrics.com/
> http://TerribleLyrics.com/

Again, "locate" or "find" will find any files that are on your
computer with the supplied query.  Locate requires the database to be
updated which normally occurs via cron sometime overnight.

Find is current and takes more time.

As Bogdan Rotariu wrote:

> or login as root with su - and type : which program
> or find / -name program (this is same as locate)

Both of these methods don't care how you installed the application.

--
Robin Laing