updatedb

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 21:50:26 UTC 2005

On 03/23/2005 11:37:31 AM, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 19:32 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> > Is there an easy way to have updatedb run when cron tells it to but
> NOT
> > at some random DVD buffer underrun coaster making time when it was
> > powered off at cron time?
>
> Brute force method: disable anacron altogether (it runs as a
> service).

I think I'll do that - and see if fcron has been packaged in extras
yet, fcron lets you specify per process what you want run if system was
down when it was suppose to run, and is one package instead of the two
cron/anacron dealie. I believe mandrake uses (or has available) fcron.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/