Firefox update

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:24:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:06:15 +0100, Eric Tanguy
<eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr> wrote:
> Why the firefox updates didn't erase the old versions. I
> have /usr/lib/firefox-1.0 /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.1 /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.2 ...
> And why the update didn't copy the /usr/lib/firefox-1.0.1/plugins in the
> new one ?

Are you installing with the Firefox installer, or via yum/apt?

If you allow yum/apt to take care of it, this kind of thing is usually
taken care of for you. I don't know what the current installers from
Mozilla do, but in the past they have generally not removed old
versions.