Mysqli and PHP5

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Wed Mar 23 23:07:14 UTC 2005

Brent Norris wrote:
> I have been working with a fedora core 4 test1 box and trying to build
> PHP5 with mysqli support.
>
> I have installed the source rpm and edited the SPEC file for it.  In the
> configure section I added the needed lines to compile PHP with the
> mysqli support, but when I install the resulting RPMs they don't contain
> any of the mysqli files (mainly mysqli.so)
>
> What else do I need to do so that I can get this support into the RPM?

Have you tried taking that PHP version, source and all, and tried
compiling it from command-line to look for suspect errors?  That's what
I'd start with, specificaly around ./configure -xx time.

Work on this at a more simple stage, until waiting for after the RPM is
built to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks
-dant